So, here we are again. If you've been reading my blog for a while, you know that I've been on this journey before. If you're new to my insanity (HEY GURL), have a read of these.
If you can't be arsed, here's a quick summary:
* Fat, unhealthy and feeling like shit
* Find out I have PCOS and because of that high insulin/very prone to Diabetes (but at least I now know why I have acne!)
* Get spooked the fuck out and start getting my shit together
* Lose a bunch of weight, get my skin looking better and feel a lot happier
* YAY I FEEL GREAT
* Find out mum has cancer and lose my mind/put on meds to make me non-crazy
* Tough, tough, tough times
* Put every single kilo back on, plus one more
Realising I had put all the weight back on was horrifying. It started with a few kilos, but it quickly snowballed. Before I knew it, I was the heaviest and unhealthiest I had ever been. I was angry at myself and incredibly dissapointed. I had essentially flushed all that determination and hard work down the toilet.
I've now forgiven myself. I mean, shit - I had to. We went through a lot as a family and it really fucked me, both mentally and physically. To be honest, I'm still recovering. But that's life. I'm dealing and I'm healing.
It took a long bloody time to get my mind sorted and get myself re-focused, but the important thing is that I'M HERE NOW.
So, we begin again. Eating mainly low-GI, cutting down on caffeine (for both anxiety reasons and because it's not good for those with PCOS) and just making healthy choices. I'm not doing a "cleanse" and this isn't some fad bullshit diet, I want to change my eating habits for life and get healthy. There will be no deprivation.
Okay, so let's do some stats and pics, shall we?
Weight: 111kg. This is not even a joke. Yikes.
Edit: I made a video! If you're keen, click here to watch.
Thanks for reading! xx