Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Stila Color Balm Lipstick in 'gemma'


When I spotted this beauty at Mecca Maxima, she went straight on my Christmas wishlist. I just knew I'd love her. Thankfully, Santa listened.

Firstly, the packaging. I mean, seriously? Best. Packaging. Ever. Surely you guys know about my obsession with shine/sparkle/chrome. If not, hi! I like shiny shit. Anyway, Stila did really well with this range. Sleek, sexy and beautiful. It's the kinda lippie that makes you feel like a fancy bitch when you take it out to reapply.

Despite my swooning and swatching in-store, the lippie's scent was a total surprise when I first applied. IT SMELLS LIKE A MOTHERFUCKING MINTSLICE. Shit. Yes. I very much enjoy the scent and the semi-cooling effect on the lips. It doesn't burn or feel uncomfortably cold, so don't worry if you're not a fan of minty lips.

'gemma' is a delicious shade. A deep-but-vibrant violet that is surprisingly easy to wear. Absolute perfection with a warm, chocolately eye. There are bits of visible shimmer when you look at it in the tube, but they don't really come up on the lips.



The formula is also divine. Very smooth and lush. Glides on the lips beautifully! It feels very balm-like, but instead of the slight tint you usually get with this kinda feel and formula, Stila's Color Balm offers a high-impact pigment with uber-shine. The formula does make re-application a necessity (not much lasting-power), but I don't give too much of a shit.

Here's a pic of me wearing it. Soz for the shit lighting.


Now to the downsides.

1. The pricetag is a little painful. $36. Yikes. That being said, if I had a lot of spare money to throw at cosmetics, I would definitely buy more.

2. The bullet, while cute, is a tad hard to work with. Because it's so fat and my lips are so small, it makes application a bit of a biatch.

Still, even with those in mind, this lippie is my life right now. Such a gem. And very much recommended to those who dig glossy lips. Go go go!

Thoughts?

xxx

10 comments:

  1. I am absolutely in love with this shade! It looks especially lovely with your skin tone :) I have a similar colour from MAC but I love how deep 'Gemma' is xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it awesome? Thank you so much! <3

      Delete
  2. This is so pretty, I really want to try some of the pink shades in this formula

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to go to Mecca and properly scope the rest of the shades!

      Delete
  3. LOVE this. And so you ;-) I have Betsey as well as Gemma and they are simply gorgeous gals!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha True, true! I love my purples. :P

      I have to check those out! xx

      Delete
  4. This Stila lippie is so pretty on you! I like balm type of lipsticks, even though the price is high! :) I'm following your blog now :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) Such a shame about the pricetag... haha

      Appreciate it. I will check out your blog now! x

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...