Friday, August 1, 2014

Foundation collection


I'm not really sure why I decided to blog about my foundation collection, but here I am. Let's get into it.

Covergirl Outlast Stay Fabulous 3-in-1 in 825
Oh, the hype! Everyone was raving about this stuff and I lucked out when I spotted it for $5 at my local Kmart's big cosmetic clearout. Great foundation! A nice full-medium coverage with decent staying power. That being said, 825 is not quite right for my mug. Dang.

Revlon Colorstay in Buff (Combo to Oily Skin)
A classic. I've been using this on and off for years. It covers well, stays-put and the shade Buff is a great match for my skintone (HEAR THAT, MAYBELLINE?! GET YOUR SHIT TOGETHER!). Colorstay is my ride or die bitch.

Jane Iredale Glowtime Full Coverage Mineral BB Cream in 5 (PR freebie!)
The first time I used this, I hated it. It was thick and emphasised dry patches. Then I decided to give it another go. Love! I'm not exactly sure what went down the first time I gave this a whirl, but this foundation (it ain't no BB cream) conceals all my shit and has a lovely velvet-matte finish. Unfortunately, with good often comes bad. It's hideously expensive ($72), oxidizes throughout the day and the shade I was colourmatched to, 5, is a little dark. Eh, I still rate it.

L'Oreal Lumi Magique Light Infusing Foundation in Pure Pearl
I bought this when I decided to give up the matte-finish foundation and go for something a little more natural and glowy. It didn't go well. Look, this is a beautiful foundation (decent coverage with a spectacular, glowy-finish), but it lasts on my skin for approximately 13 minutes. I mostly use this as a glow-booster in my other foundations, but not very often. Shame.

Rimmel Stay Matte Liquid Mousse Foundation in Ivory and Pure Ivory
I dig mousse foundation. It's light, airy and reminds me of desserts. This foundation is lovely. It has a nice, whipped consistency that smooths onto my skin and covers redness and blemishes like nobody's business. Plus, it lasts pretty nicely throughout the day. The only thing is...NO COLOUR MATCH. Neither of these shades work for me, but I've been mixing them to get somewhat of a match. Not really working, but whatever.


What's lurking in your foundation library?

xx


5 comments:

  1. Oh gosh. Mine is huge. I don't even know where to begin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great reviews! My favourite foundation is Estee Lauder Doube Wear :)

    Ana X
    anasofiachic.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I've heard so many good things about DW, but none of the shades suit my skintone. :( x

      Delete
  3. Finding a perfect shade match is probably the most problematic aspect of buying a foundation. I like the coverage and lasting power of the CoverGirl 3-in-1 but like you, the shade I have isn't right for me. I always have to mix it with a darker foundation which kinda defeats the purpose.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...