Friday, August 8, 2014

Glow-getters


Once again, I find myself piling on way too much foundation and powder. It's a hard habit to break, but one that is absolutely necessary to ditch. Not only does it make me look cakey, but it also makes me look drab, dry and old. No thx.

Now that I'm all for less base and more glow, I've thrown out my powders and fished out my fave highlighters and glow-giving blushes. We all know that one of the best ways to look fresh, young(er) and cute as shit is with some glow! Let's look at my new artillery:

theBalm Mary-Lou Manizer
That Mary-Lou...what a beauty! I love this highlighter. The light champagne shade is flattering and the shimmer is delicate. This one's perfect for adding glow and sheen.

Essence Circus Circus Highlighter Powder in It's Magic
For something with a little more impact and a lot more golden goodness, It's Magic is a winner. The shimmer in this isn't as fine, but still looks really lovely once blended.

Australis High Lights Mineral Face Highlighter in Gold
I was once obsessed with this stuff, but then decided to completely forget about it and let it get lost in the abyss. I'm giving it a revival! The peachy-bronze-gold tone is really pretty and the fact that it's a liquid gives my skin even more glow and life. Yes!


When it comes to giving my face warmth and glow, peach-toned blushes are the go. They just do something to my skintone. Something really good. Here are the faves:

Girlee Cosmetics Powder Blush On in Mango Glow
A soft, warm peach that does wonders for a drab, tired face. My drab, tired face.

BYS Blusher in Coral
A classic. Coral is a punchy peach with a flattering pearl-finish that brightens.

Sleek Blush in Rose Gold
A high-impact, golden peachy-rose blush that not only gives warmth, but also a kickass glow. Pairing this with a highlighter is intense. A good intense.


How do you guys get your glow?

xx


8 comments:

  1. Can you do a post on Bronzer, because I feel like you would know all about it and I am failing my "Be a real adult badge" because I don't understand Bronzer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha I can, but I'm afraid it'd be shit. :P Honestly, all I do is the 'three' thing along the sides of my face with a matte bronzer. x

      Delete
  2. And I am a smidge obsessed with Nude by Nature's Spft Focus Illuminator.
    https://www.nudebynature.com.au/shop/award-winners/soft-focus-illuminator/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh, I've never seen that one before! Will check it out. Thank you! :) x

      Delete
  3. Such pretty highlighers! I love BYS blushes and Coral looks great too.

    Sheri | Behind The Frames

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I honestly forgot how good they are! x

      Delete
  4. Loving the glow - just pulled out my Mary-Lou manizer to put into my daily makeup loot, but I also want to check out the MAC MSFN in Soft and Gentle which I've heard is quite nice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard sooo much about Soft + Gentle! Just wish MAC wasn't so exxy. :( x

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...